By the time you are 8 weeks pregnant your baby will be close to 1.6 centimeters. It is a crucial week because all the major components of your fetus such as the nerves, muscles and tissues start to function.
8 Weeks Pregnant Symptoms
From the 8th week of your pregnancy, your body starts oozing out specific symptoms of pregnancy. To put some of the specific and prominent signs in clear terms
- Your breasts will start becoming more sensitive
- You may develop dark veins which are also termed as varicose veins
- There is going to be a sudden increase in the blood supply
- Your nipples might become larger
- Development in Montgomery tubercles will be noticed
8 Weeks pregnant baby development
You would notice quick development in fingers, hands, toes as well as feet. There would be significant improvement in the nerve cells and brain as well. Nerve cells in this stage would start connecting with each other. Tastebuds are formed during this week as well.
Changes in your body in the 8th week of pregnancy
In this week, you are supposed to go through a few changes in your body. In the first place there will be a significant rise in the level of progesterone. There might be some other crucial changes such as tissue changes as well as breast growth.
8 Weeks Pregnant Ultrasound Scan and Other Tests
With the help of ultrasound scans you would be able to learn about the chromosomal abnormalities (if any) in the baby. Apart from doing the ultrasound test you should also consider going for the CVS test. The test helps immensely in figuring out the genetic disorder related issues.
8 Weeks Pregnant FAQs
What is the baby size in the 8th week?
Your baby is about 1.6 cm at this time.
Is sex safe during this period?
Yes, it is safe to have sex during this period.
Is flying safe when you are 8 weeks pregnant?
Yes, it is safe to fly during this period, however, it is advised not to travel if it is a high risk pregnancy. Try to avoid heavy luggage.
Is there any baby bump in the 8th week of pregnancy?
There is no baby bump during this phase.
Precautions for 8 Weeks pregnant women
Some precautions which you should during this period :
- Avoid Caffeine
- Do not smoke
- No Alcohol
- Stay hydrated, drink loads of water
- Avoid Stress
8 Weeks Pregnant Tips
You will need to keep a few things in mind in order to maintain yours and your baby’s health.
- You should start wearing maternity bras to feel comfortable
- Start reading as many pregnancy books as possible
- You should focus on the intake of prenatal vitamin as much as you can for the quick growth of your baby
- Keep in touch with your doctor for regular check ups and follow the advice