It is a particularly important week as the heart tube of the baby starts beating and pumping blood. Apart from the development of the embryo, placenta as well as amniotic sac would be in a phase of constant growth and development from this week on-wards.
5 Weeks Pregnant Symptoms
In the 5th week of pregnancy people will not be able to discern that you are pregnant. In this phase you are expected to experience a few crucial pregnancy signs. Some of the most common symptoms and signs are –
- Hormone levels are going to be inflated
- HCG levels are also prominently higher in this particular phase
- Your feelings and emotions might be racy in this phase
- Your abdomen might not rise but you will feel as if your abdomen is bloated
- Urination tendencies will be high
- You might also feel that your pressure remains high all the time
5 Weeks Pregnant Baby Development
All the major organs such as the heart, kidneys and liver would be in the process of formation. The formation of your neural tubes will also be complete in this particular week. Stage by stage, the limbs would also start developing in this week. At the end of the 5th week of pregnancy, speedy growth in the nervous system of the baby would be spotted. Along with the development of the nervous system, the bones and muscles will also be in the formation phase. In this vital week, the ears, nose, toes, fingers and the mouth of the baby starts showing up.
Fetal movements and Bump in the 5th Week
You would not feel of fetal movements, ‘quickening’ facts and baby bump in this particular week.
5 Weeks Pregnant Implantation Bleeding
When you are 5 weeks pregnant you will invariably notice implantation bleeding issues or spotting. As a matter of fact, implantation bleeding might start within 10 to 14 days since you have conceived.
5 weeks pregnancy Ultrasound
Ultrasound scans are going to be particularly effective in the 5th week of pregnancy. The scans are going to be particularly beneficial in terms of measuring the size of gestational sac and the yolk sac.
Is sex safe when you are 5 weeks pregnant?
Yes, there would not be any harm in getting involved into a love making act with your partner.
Health tips for a 5 weeks pregnant woman
You should realize that you are in the midst of a crucial phase of pregnancy. Therefore, every sort of safety precautions should be adopted.
- Be very specific about the medication that you are taking.
- It is important to stay away from oily food
- Drinking habits and smoking should be totally averted on principle.
- You have to shun the habit of drug intakes completely.
Miscarriage threats in 5 weeks pregnancy
Miscarriages are very difficult for the family, to avoid any such occurrence one should be very careful. Some of the alarming signs of miscarriages are:
- Your progesterone levels and estrogen levels might drop in an abrupt fashion
- Gestational sac would not be spotted in the ultrasound tests in case of a miscarriage
- Pregnancy symptoms might cease
- If you experience cramping sensation during your periods
- Some sort of acute heaviness and pain in the abdominal area